Thank you for your interest in the Grand County Colorado Tourism Board (GCCTB) grant process. GCCTB has grant funds available to directly support advertising and marketing efforts or special events that promote tourism within the county, particularly those that encourage overnight lodging. The GCCTB reviews district and countywide grant requests on a quarterly basis during the regularly scheduled monthly meetings.
The three districts of the GCCTB are the Fraser Valley District (Winter Park, Fraser & Tabernash), the Three Lakes District (Granby & Grand Lake), and the Mainsteam District (Hot Sulphur Springs, Parshall and Kremmling). Grants will be reviewed by the corresponding district and must be submitted by the deadlines published below.
Please review the Marketing and Special Events Funding Policy and the requirements listed below to see if your organization or event qualifies for funding.
Grant Submission Deadlines
- 1st Quarter 2022 - December 17, 2021
- 2nd Quarter 2022 - March 18, 2022
- 3rd Quarter 2022 - June 18, 2022
- 4th Quarter 2022 - October 14, 2022
*Grant submissions must be received by 11:59 PM (MST) on the quarter due dates noted above. Any grant submissions received after the quarter due date will be considered in the following quarter.
Marketing Grant Requests
Marketing Grant Requests are for non-profit organizations that are established and proven marketing entities within the county formed for advertising and marketing tourism. Funds distributed through GCCTB may not be used to pay for salaries or capital equipment. The marketing plan needs to support the image of the overall marketing efforts of GCCTB.
Special Events Grant Requests
Special Events Grant Requests are for events that are hosted within Grand County and its municipalities. All events must be open to and/or available to the general public. Contributions from GCCTB funds may not constitute more than half of the funding for a special event. Funds distributed through GCCTB may not be used to pay for salaries or capital equipment. Recurring events will generally receive funding for a maximum of three consecutive years. Grantees must provide a general liability policy covering all of the entity’s operations with a minimum combined single limit amount of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) for each occurrence. A deductible of not more than $5,000 is required for each special event. This grant is solely used for the marketing of the special event.
Overview of Grant QualificationsGrantees and grant applications must meet the following requirements:
- Encourages overnight stays in Grand County by visitors.
- Encourages tourism in the off-season or low seasons.
- Is unique and promotes the uniqueness of Grand County as a tourist destination.
- Allows other tourism-related businesses and entities to participate in marketing or events.
- If special event request, 50% match is accounted for.
- Organization is in keeping with the image of the county created by the overall marketing efforts of the GCCTB.
- The entity shall maintain adequate worker's compensation insurance.
- Grant recipients are REQUIRED to fill out the grant evaluation report within 45 days of the event or at the end of the funded marketing period. The evaluation must include attendance counts, promotional materials, and a financial report, which includes all revenues, in-kind services and expenses. Failure to return this report by the due date will make the organization ineligible for funding for at least a one year period or as determined by the entire board.
Submit a Grant Application
If you would like to submit a grant application, complete the “Marketing Funding Request Form” below and click the "Submit" button. Both grant applications must have a copy of the event approval form from the Grand County Public Health Compliance Application. Please use the following link for their application.
In order for an organization to qualify for grant funding, applicants must submit a completed GCCTB grant request form and supporting documents. Completed forms must be turned in by or before the grant deadlines. In addition to the request form, the organization is encouraged to present the grant request to the corresponding district as well. These meetings will be set up by Lindsey Morrow, the Director of GCCTB, via Zoom.
For information on advertising with GCCTB, click here.